Operation Write Home

I am currently making cards for Operation Write Home, which sends blank handmade cards to deployed servicemen and women. OWH is an amazing organization that ships thousands of cards each month to our nation's Heroes so they have something to write home on. Please check out the tag on the sidebar for more information on this inspiring mission. Please join me in supporting our men and women who sacrifice for us all.



Saturday, May 29, 2010

Memorial Weekend

For me this weekend will be about making cards for Operation Write Home. Since I live in Canada, the holiday is not quite the same, at least as far as typical activities. I, however, am a VET and have many members of my family who have served, including a niece that just left Bagram AB, literally hours before the recent attack on the installation. I have no parades or services to attend... not even a barbeque celebrating the freedoms our service men and women have secured for me. But, this day is not lost on me. I know in my heart how precious it all is and so this weekend in honor of our troops far away and at home and from Canada who serve and die alongside Americans, I remember, I pray, I thank God and I make cards.



This first card is one I did not make but was sent to me by the President of Operation Write Home, Sandy Allnock. So many thanks to you, Sandy, and all your precious team that make this way of reaching out to our service men and women and their families they miss so dearly.

I will be adding to this post all weekend as I get the cards made. Have a blessed weekend!

Here we go!


3 comments:

Operation Write Home said...

Awwwww You posted my card! :) :) :) :)

Can't wait to see what you post!

Seongsook Duncan said...

Hi Lynn,
Your cards are all great. Rad, White and Blue says everything. Thanks for sharing them including Sandy's. Thanks to you and your family who have served. Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a wonderful day!

Tammy said...

Awesome cards! Love the eagle! Thanks for stopping by my blog!