Operation Write Home

I am currently making cards for Operation Write Home, which sends blank handmade cards to deployed servicemen and women. OWH is an amazing organization that ships thousands of cards each month to our nation's Heroes so they have something to write home on. Please check out the tag on the sidebar for more information on this inspiring mission. Please join me in supporting our men and women who sacrifice for us all.



Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Love Notecard Makeover!


This was a notecard I got in a pack of 6 from Michael's on clearance.  Both the front of the card and the back of the card are printed in this really pretty pink.  I just cut it up and mounted it on the black, added a bow, a shimmery butterfly and some bling!  The close up shows the wonderful subtle embossing on this card.  Instant wow!  So I made 6 from the fronts, 6 from the backs and have 6 pretty pink envelopes that will become cards too.  Not bad for $.33!!!!


6 comments:

Dixie Cochran said...

Lynn, that card is gorgeous!

Donna said...

Lynn, How great is this!I will be looking a little closer at note cards on my next trip to Michael's or Hobby Lobby. Your cards are so... beautiful! TFS

Anonymous said...

Great card! I too bought these on clearance to use a card fronts, thanks for the inspiration

adele holcomb said...

Wow! What a wonderful find, and just look what you did with it! Beautiful card.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Very nice! I really kinda like the second upside down one (:

Kathryn said...

So smart! I guess shaped cards like this would be good even if you don't like the design. You could use the inside of the card to stamp on in place of using a nestie. Thanks for sharing this inspiration. I think your card is quite elegant.