Operation Write Home

I am currently making cards for Operation Write Home, which sends blank handmade cards to deployed servicemen and women. OWH is an amazing organization that ships thousands of cards each month to our nation's Heroes so they have something to write home on. Please check out the tag on the sidebar for more information on this inspiring mission. Please join me in supporting our men and women who sacrifice for us all.



Friday, March 30, 2012

Masculine Challenge- Father's Day

It is a good thing I got started because Man cards are quite the puzzle.  This is the first set.  (I'm working on a new set right now... )  The first pic shows the first stage where I made 7 and then hit a speed bump. 

It took 2 days to get the idea of how to finish the card.  That is the second pic.  And the funny thing is that I was really bored with trying to finish this card so I turned on a computer game and as I sat there playing it, the card kind of finished itself!  Go figure! 

And the third one is a close up of the embellishment.  What I was trying to show was that the "Happy" is popped and the red stars are glossy embossed.  Guess the pic didn't show that.  But it was kind of cool how it just all came together!

1 comment:

Cindy E. Rapson said...

Wow! I like your transformation! That happens to me too where mojo shows up at the weirdest time... :) LOVE your Father's Day card... :)