Operation Write Home

I am currently making cards for Operation Write Home, which sends blank handmade cards to deployed servicemen and women. OWH is an amazing organization that ships thousands of cards each month to our nation's Heroes so they have something to write home on. Please check out the tag on the sidebar for more information on this inspiring mission. Please join me in supporting our men and women who sacrifice for us all.



Tuesday, March 19, 2013

OWH Bootcamp - Any Way You Slice It

Paula's wonderful Design Bootcamp class this month is on Composition and the Rule of Thirds.  She gives amazing explanations of these design techniques and I am learning quite a bit.  Here are a few of my attempts to find the "thirds."
And this one is a little CAS that lets the paper do most of the work.
 
Thanks, Paula for the great class!
 

1 comment:

Paula S. said...

Nice work on these Lynn! I can see the Rule of Thirds at work in each of these. I have to say my favorite is the butterfly. First, I have to say I have never found a way to use those 'photographic image' papers in a way I liked but what you've done by cropping it the way you did is terrific. I like your use of white space and the whole CAS design. Thanks for joining in the March Bootcamp. I am so glad you're enjoying them. :)