Operation Write Home

I am currently making cards for Operation Write Home, which sends blank handmade cards to deployed servicemen and women. OWH is an amazing organization that ships thousands of cards each month to our nation's Heroes so they have something to write home on. Please check out the tag on the sidebar for more information on this inspiring mission. Please join me in supporting our men and women who sacrifice for us all.



Wednesday, February 6, 2013

MWT - Cards 4 Kids

Does this look familiar?  It might if you have seen some of my cards from a year ago.  The Midweek Throwdown is Cards 4 Kids.  I don't have many stamps for children's cards but I do have Mickey and his friends!  I CASE'd my own cards from last year to make a pile of these happy looking guys/gals.

The squares of the "gang" were all lightly popped for a little interest.
 
I found 3 sheets of 12x12 stars in my stash so that will make 27 cards! Yay!

10 comments:

Kathryn said...

I bought 25 sheets of that star paper in a pack at Tuesday Morning and I so struggle to use it. This is a fabulous idea. Now I need some Mickey paper or stickers! Thanks for sharing, Lynn!

Erika said...

I love the primary colors and the pop of the Disney gang against them looks great. Good job.

Jen M said...

Nothing wrong with CAS'ing yourself... :) I really like the bright colors you used and the ribbon treatment is pretty!

Anonymous said...

Those are great cards. They were great the first time around! I love your background paper too. Pat Kinkaid

Paula S. said...

These are great Lynn! I love that Disney paper with the squares... simole and fun to use. Perfect kids cards!

Renee said...

Spectacular disney cards! I know any child would love to receive one of these!

Sybrina K said...

Such happy cards with a great focal point! Love the simplicity of the design -- it really does pop the Disney characters.

Unknown said...

Nice cards! I just love the light & airy happy feel these cards get with the white backed star paper. I also used a Mickey theme for my midweek throw down. Mickey is great on cards for kids of any age.

Donna Nuce said...

Mickey is such a great choice for kids! That ribbon on the cards is really classy!

Dixie Cochran said...

This is such a good idea. Kids will love getting these!