Operation Write Home

I am currently making cards for Operation Write Home, which sends blank handmade cards to deployed servicemen and women. OWH is an amazing organization that ships thousands of cards each month to our nation's Heroes so they have something to write home on. Please check out the tag on the sidebar for more information on this inspiring mission. Please join me in supporting our men and women who sacrifice for us all.



Saturday, February 16, 2013

VCMP Feb 2013 - Challenge 1 & 2

I LOVE these Virtual Carmaking Parties that OWH puts on a few times a year!  These are so much fun that I am hopeful to be able to host a card challenge in the future.  The first challenge is from Erika and is looking for zig zags or chevrons.  WHELL!  I searched high and low in all my stuff and had to admit I have no chevron stamps, no chevron punches, no chevron embellishments and no chevron paper.  How the heck did that happen??? 

So off I go to my big box craft store, which is merely an outpost not a full fledged store to see what I could find.  Um, Nothing!!  How very sad. On the way home I remembered some yummy May Arts chevron ribbon.  I am saaaaved!  How lucky for me that this card also fulfills challenge #2 hosted by Misty and she was looking for animals.  I didn't plan it to be a double and I'm not getting out of making more cards, fear not!  I have enough of this butterfly and medallion (K&Co.) to make 3 more. 

7 comments:

Ronni Unger said...

Jusst Beautiful!!!!!!!!!

Lee Mae said...

Love your card! Great layout and fabulous ribbon. I went crazy not one time but two times by buying those butterfly die cuts when they were on clearance at Micheal's. Big box stores can be hard on the wallet!!

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

what a beautiful butterfly!

Nancy Keller said...

That ribbon is perfect :) what a great card! So elegant!

Paula S. said...

Nice job Lynn! I agree that the VCMPs are so much fun... half treasure hunt, half craftiness. That chevron ribbon is beautiful and just perfect with the butterfly. I hope you didn't have to go too far to your craft store only to find nothing and then, to find out you had something all along. LOL :)

Erika said...

Chevron ribbon? Genius! Now that I haven't seen - good thing you didn't buy anything because I'm lovin that ribbon! You made such an elegant card and the butterfly is beautiful. Thanks for playing along with my challenge!

Misty said...

Fantastic job Lynn! Who'd a thunk, chevron ribbon? Love the butterfly & embossing too!
Thanks for playing along with my part of OWH VCMP.

Hummer Hugs,
Misty
http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
hummingbird204 at comcast dot net