Operation Write Home

I am currently making cards for Operation Write Home, which sends blank handmade cards to deployed servicemen and women. OWH is an amazing organization that ships thousands of cards each month to our nation's Heroes so they have something to write home on. Please check out the tag on the sidebar for more information on this inspiring mission. Please join me in supporting our men and women who sacrifice for us all.



Friday, December 28, 2012

Midweek Throwdown - Missing You

This week's throwdown is to make any kind of Missing You card.  Now, it being right after Christmas and Santa brought me a new Cricut cartridge I had to tinker.  I know it is kind of wild but I like it!

7 comments:

Sherry Hickey said...

Hi Lynn! Have fun with your new Cricut toys. This is a very cool card; I think it would be great for a guy. Something about it reminds me of an ornate grill on a car or a motorcycle logo.

byAnnette said...

Pretty Card!
What cartridge is it?
Is the font from the same one?

Cherie said...

It is wild looking and I love it! Have fun with your new Christmas toys.

Carol L said...

It may be on the wild side, but I think it's perfect for a biker with this intricate design! NJ!!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

How fun to play with your new Christmas toy! I like your black and white beauty!

Thanks for playing in our Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown challenge!

Cynthia T said...

Santa would be proud! This card is wonderful :)

Sybrina K said...

Hi Lynn,

What a fabulous collection of cards! I love the simplicity of your very pretty "scrap wrangler", which is something I need to do! I'm also inspired by your multiples, also something I need to do. And, I was so happy to see your use of colored pencils since I've been known to dabble a little in acrylics. :)

Thanks for visiting Scrapping with Purpose. You asked about the "patch" on the jean card. I wish I could remember specifics, but I purchased several strips of these at crop/garage sale early last year. There were 4 "patches" on each sheet -- either die cuts or stickers, definitely not digis. Sorry about that. :(

TFS!!! All the best in 2013!