Operation Write Home

I am currently making cards for Operation Write Home, which sends blank handmade cards to deployed servicemen and women. OWH is an amazing organization that ships thousands of cards each month to our nation's Heroes so they have something to write home on. Please check out the tag on the sidebar for more information on this inspiring mission. Please join me in supporting our men and women who sacrifice for us all.



Friday, May 24, 2013

Design Bootcamp and OSW Tutorial Challenge


Seongsook did the featured tutorial at OWH this week and it was on the One Sheet Wonder idea.  These dozen cards were all made from one 12x12 sheet.  They are all the same as she mentioned at the end of the tutorial.  I just thought this paper worked best cut this way due to the random pattern.


Also, I re-read the Bootcamp tutorial for this month and decided to try to work these 2 tutorials together.  This month's class was discussing variation.  I was hoping that the silk ribbon, the white frame and the raised button together fit the homework instructions.  I think I want to try a few other of the examples of variation as well.

The sentiment is a free digi from TLC Creations.

3 comments:

Tlc Creations said...

What a fabulous card....Love the design.
Paulette

Paula S. said...

Nice job Lynn and yes I would definitely say this card contains variation in several areas including shapes, textures and contrasts.

Nancy Keller said...

Oh wow, I love these, especially the fun extra things that you added!!