Operation Write Home

I am currently making cards for Operation Write Home, which sends blank handmade cards to deployed servicemen and women. OWH is an amazing organization that ships thousands of cards each month to our nation's Heroes so they have something to write home on. Please check out the tag on the sidebar for more information on this inspiring mission. Please join me in supporting our men and women who sacrifice for us all.



Sunday, December 7, 2014

Lovin' the Leftovers!

Let me just start off by saying I have quite a few to post.  I have been trying to clean up leftovers while packing up the craft space for my future move.  (Crafting and packing do NOT go together well.)  This first one is actually on some lovely gray paper not purple-ish like this silly photo shows... hm?  Anyway, gray has become my new "kraft" as far as colors.  Love it!  The flower is a K&Co. 3D embellishment minus the bottom layer of foam.  Their foam is very thin but there is a layer under the main flower and it starts to get a bit too thick for the Heroes to mail home for free.  I just peel off the bottom layer and stick it down.  Then add lots of Dimensional Magic to the flower for shiny accent.
Pre-made butterflies and those 3D flowers make these cards come together quickly.
This one features the free digi by Paula S. and the frame it sits on is a golden snowflake cut on the Cricut.  No, the Cricut is packed..... I cut up some ahead of time and it was an easy go-to.  The heart has Dimensional Magic for a nice bit of shine.
There were just all these lovely chunks of paper sitting in the leftover basket.  Love that crochet embellishment!
Last but not least, this card was made with chalkboard paper run through an embossing folder.  It made all those lovely raised dots white without me having to sand it.  The other large panel is a matte silver that just didn't want to photograph well.  The flower and butterfly are also K&Co.  I have a few baggies full of them and they make a nice quick and easy card.  They all get Dimensional Magic for a little extra "love."

So there you have my Sunday installment.  I'm working on a few more cards from the leftover basket this weekend in hopes to get this box finished for OWH and mailed out this week. 
 
 
 

2 comments:

TK said...

These are all so lovely, thanks for sharing. I particularly like the idea of running the chalk board paper through an embossing folder. I have a big 12 x 12 stack of that and was scratching my head on what to do with ALL of it. :) Good luck with your move and happy crafting when you get to unpack!

Cindy E. Rapson said...

Hmmm... I have ALOT of gray. I may follow your lead and use that as a base. It looks lovely. I really love your first card. Great combination of elements...