Operation Write Home

I am currently making cards for Operation Write Home, which sends blank handmade cards to deployed servicemen and women. OWH is an amazing organization that ships thousands of cards each month to our nation's Heroes so they have something to write home on. Please check out the tag on the sidebar for more information on this inspiring mission. Please join me in supporting our men and women who sacrifice for us all.



Wednesday, September 8, 2010

CASE Kate

This Challenge was to CASE Kate, the featured cardmaker for Sept 3rd. I went to her blog and found this great entry on Dealing With Difficult Paper. The card she made was simple and I loved the idea of using what might have been considered unusable paper. The paper I chose was some left over some a few other cards I had made a while back, but I immediately thought of it when I read this article. Here is Kate's....

And here is mine. She had a nice small circle punch (which I didn't have) so my circles are all hand cut and thus had to be bigger in order to EVEN get them round. I will hang on to her sample and absolutely use it in the future. Thanks Kate!

2 comments:

Seongsook Duncan said...

Wow~ you did a great job with your handcutting circles. Very nice card. Thanks for sharing.

Operation Write Home said...

Love this card :) I am totally impressed with your wicked scissor skillz!