Operation Write Home

I am currently making cards for Operation Write Home, which sends blank handmade cards to deployed servicemen and women. OWH is an amazing organization that ships thousands of cards each month to our nation's Heroes so they have something to write home on. Please check out the tag on the sidebar for more information on this inspiring mission. Please join me in supporting our men and women who sacrifice for us all.



Tuesday, September 4, 2012

VCMP Challenge #9-Neglected Crafting Tool

Shannon came up with a great idea to use a tool that has been collecting dust.  I decided to use a Cricut cut embellishment since my machine has not been out of the box in months.  I love this butterfly cut on shimmery purple paper!  I popped the sentiment so that it gives a thickness to offset the buttons. 

I think I will be making multiples of this as it went together quickly and my daughter (who claims she is not crafty but wants to help) can pitch in a little to get this box filled.  Yay!  Thanks to OWH, Mom and daughter will be spending quality time together while doing something for our Nation's Heroes!

1 comment:

ShannonD said...

Lovely card! Thanks for playing along with our neglected craft tool challenge! I am glad your Cricut came out of the box. I love that you get to spend time with your family, too! As a military family we are stationed far from home so I love hearing about moms and daughters crafting together!