Operation Write Home

I am currently making cards for Operation Write Home, which sends blank handmade cards to deployed servicemen and women. OWH is an amazing organization that ships thousands of cards each month to our nation's Heroes so they have something to write home on. Please check out the tag on the sidebar for more information on this inspiring mission. Please join me in supporting our men and women who sacrifice for us all.



Wednesday, June 19, 2013

OWH Midweek Throwdown - Cards 4 Kids


This week's Throwdown is especially for the Heroes to send home to their kids.  I love this fun arrows paper as some of the arrows are shiny embossed.  The truck is a die cut, found hiding in my stash, that I added a thin dimension to for a nice 3-d effect.

 
The road is made with a heavy textured paper and a border sticker.  (sorry the pics are not quite as bright as the card..... it is dark foggy today)

8 comments:

Jen M said...

That ribbon makes a perfect faux road! What a cute card!

Anne S said...

What a bright cheerful card. The little boy who receives this card will be so excited.

Lee Mae said...

I love how colorful and happy your card is! I especially like the arrow paper and road elements plus that cute-as-can-be truck! Hmmm, I think that means I like the whole card!

Kathy said...

That little truck is just too darn cute! Super cute card for a little guy.

Carol L said...

super cute card with that little truck! I love all the arrows and stickers you used for the "road." NJ!

BobbisTreasure said...

All of your different elements work together perfectly!

Christina said...

I love the bright colors!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I love the little truck and the patterned papers together, very cute and someone's little boy is gonna love it. Thanks for playing in our Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown challenge!