Operation Write Home

I am currently making cards for Operation Write Home, which sends blank handmade cards to deployed servicemen and women. OWH is an amazing organization that ships thousands of cards each month to our nation's Heroes so they have something to write home on. Please check out the tag on the sidebar for more information on this inspiring mission. Please join me in supporting our men and women who sacrifice for us all.



Monday, June 21, 2010

S&S Challenge #22 AND my Summer Haven Sample!

This card is from the Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge #22 and I decided to make it the sample for one of the challenges for the Summer Haven event at Stamp Haven. Dang, it is hard to combine some of these challenges, but, I guess that really was the challenge of the day for me.


The sample is for a challenge called "RAK it up!". No it is not billiards. It is a challenge to use the wonderful items that people have gifted to you. The only thing on the card that does not have to be a RAK is the card base. Everything else, the background papers, the sentiment and the embellishments all have to be something that someone GAVE to you.


Hope you like it!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great sentiment. The RAK challenge is neat.

Paula S. said...

Very nice card. So great that you combined the RAK challenge with the OWH sketch.

Martha said...

Hmmm, I think I recognize that blue paper, LOL. What a fun card you've created Lynn! Love that mouse image.

Karen Howard said...

Wonderful card and you did great combining the challenges. Super fun image, TFS.