Operation Write Home

I am currently making cards for Operation Write Home, which sends blank handmade cards to deployed servicemen and women. OWH is an amazing organization that ships thousands of cards each month to our nation's Heroes so they have something to write home on. Please check out the tag on the sidebar for more information on this inspiring mission. Please join me in supporting our men and women who sacrifice for us all.



Friday, March 29, 2013

12x12 = 6x6 Christmas One Card Wonder - Whew!


That title is a mouthful!  What really happened is I found a 12x12 sheet of very busy Christmas cardstock in my stash.  The pattern was such that I could cut it down to 6x6 and go from there.  This picture is the 6x6 version.


It was not a paper I could see using over the whole card so I thought I would give the One Card Wonder idea a try.  I found a template from which I made the first 6 cards.


 I had an unopened package of K&Co. Christmas embellishments that were just crying out to be used and off I went.  There were 23 embellishments in the pack so I had to make 2 of my own to complete the 25 cards made from ONE 12x12 sheet of paper! 


Ok, let me tell you that was nuts.  But I did keep with a few of my pledges to use up what I have, if I open it use it and to get a jump start on the Christmas cards. 

 
This last pic is of one of the embellishments I had to make when I ran out.  And NO leftover patterned paper!

5 comments:

Paula S. said...

These turned out nicely Lynn. Great advice on how to use some of those overwhelming patterns.

Cherie said...

I love how you did this! The variety is great and you didn't skimp on using it on any of the cards.

Cora said...

So very creative, all of them. I like shopping in my store too

Dixie Cochran said...

These are classy! Making Christmas cards now is smart!

Marilyn's Cricut Crafts said...

Lynn, love how you turned that busy pattern into so many beautiful cards. So smart. I'm pinning this! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us all. ~ Marilyn