Operation Write Home

I am currently making cards for Operation Write Home, which sends blank handmade cards to deployed servicemen and women. OWH is an amazing organization that ships thousands of cards each month to our nation's Heroes so they have something to write home on. Please check out the tag on the sidebar for more information on this inspiring mission. Please join me in supporting our men and women who sacrifice for us all.



Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Midweek Throwdown - Tic Tac Toe

Here is the link to this week's MWT at OWH Stars and Stamps blog.  My card for the tic-tac-toe includes embossing, blue and ribbon.  I made these during the week while waiting.  I apologize if they are not the best I have done but,



it has been a tough 2 weeks as it was decided by my baby sister that she was too worn out to continue any further treatments in her 5 year long battle against breast cancer.  Yesterday afternoon she went home to be with her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  She was the person I learned scrapbooking with which eventually lead to my cardmaking.  She was a contributor to OWH as she believed strongly in what we are doing.  She was always upbeat and cheerful right to the end.  I love her dearly!

9 comments:

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Oh Lynn, I'm so sorry to about your sister but happy she's with Jesus. I pray your good memories and our Lord's comfort will help you through this time of grief.

Your OWH challenge card is a beauty!

Thanks for playing in our Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown challenge!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear about your sister. I'm glad you got to spend time with her up to the end
You're card is beautiful.

Krystil said...

Beautiful card! I love the Mother's Day sentiment. Is it a stamp, digi or computer generated?
SO sorry to hear of your sister's passing. May you find comfort in knowing she is no longer in pain.

Jen M said...

Oh my, Lynn, I'm so sorry to hear of your sister's passing. May God grant you and your family peace and comfort as you remember her.
Your card is lovely, by the way.

Lee Mae said...

Oh Lynn, I am so sorry about your sister. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Your card is really lovely. I love the color, embossing, and the gorgeous font of the sentiment. And most of all, thank you for sharing a picture of your beautiful sister.

Donna Nuce said...

Lynn, so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Your card is beautiful, great choice items for you Tic Tac Toe! God bless you and your family!

Unknown said...

I am so very sorry for your loss, but so glad to know your sister is free from pain and dancing in heaven today! Your card is beautiful. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Unknown said...

May the joy of your sister's memories ease your pain. Cherish the time you had together. May card making help you heal.

Paula S. said...

My deepest sympathy on the loss of your sister Lynn. This card is beautiful and I am sure your sister is happy to know that you will continue to support OWH for the both of you. Saying a prayer for you both.