Operation Write Home

I am currently making cards for Operation Write Home, which sends blank handmade cards to deployed servicemen and women. OWH is an amazing organization that ships thousands of cards each month to our nation's Heroes so they have something to write home on. Please check out the tag on the sidebar for more information on this inspiring mission. Please join me in supporting our men and women who sacrifice for us all.



Friday, March 15, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

I made 2 of these for OWH last night.  It is funny that Paula brought up the discussion of those $1 bin buys.  The flourish under the sentiment was a very recent purchase of Martha Stewart chipboard die-cuts that were on clearance for $1.49.  With 42 pieces in the package I'm sure I will get my money's worth even if I don't use them all.  I have started a box of papers, stickers and embellishments that I will be donating probably to the women's shelter because I know they take children in there as well and this goodie box might be a moment of creativity to help in a time of struggle.  So, for at $1.49 even if I only used a few and donated the rest it wasn't an awful investment.

I know this card is a bit bright but you should see it in person.  I'm in a flowery-bling mood for the Mom's!

No comments: