Operation Write Home

I am currently making cards for Operation Write Home, which sends blank handmade cards to deployed servicemen and women. OWH is an amazing organization that ships thousands of cards each month to our nation's Heroes so they have something to write home on. Please check out the tag on the sidebar for more information on this inspiring mission. Please join me in supporting our men and women who sacrifice for us all.



Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Call me CRAZY Fall Cards


I finally got this group of 10 cards done!  I made them as missing you cards so that they won't "expire" if not used by Thanksgiving.  The leaves are all these wonderful colored stickers with gold foil edging and accents.  The were too thin to use on the lumpy layers so I mounted them on cardstock and fussy cut them out.
Yes, I just said I cut them out..... enough leaves and acorns for TEN cards.  Yikes!  I had made 2 cards and thought they looked good and wanted to use up a bunch of the remaining stickers....... UM, yeah.......... that was a lot of cutting.  But I do love the result!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

WOW! Absolutely beautiful cards! Lots of work fussy cutting all those leaves but your cards are outstanding. Love the ribbon accent, too.

Cindy E. Rapson said...

Really, really stunning! I LOVE fall colors. And wow! on all the fussy cutting...