Operation Write Home

I am currently making cards for Operation Write Home, which sends blank handmade cards to deployed servicemen and women. OWH is an amazing organization that ships thousands of cards each month to our nation's Heroes so they have something to write home on. Please check out the tag on the sidebar for more information on this inspiring mission. Please join me in supporting our men and women who sacrifice for us all.



Thursday, August 21, 2014

(Not) OWH sketch #152 - Thank You

 
Lately I've been trying out some of the OWH sketches that I had not done yet.  This is one that started out as an OWH sketch and then went off on it's own.  This started as sketch 152.

 
I liked this paper because it is actually using both sides of the same piece.  The gray is wonderful with this shade of purple.  I merely distressed all the squares and sentiment with a pearlescent ink to match.   The sentiment is popped for some interest.

1 comment:

TK said...

These are lovely. I really like the gray with the purple. I've used two sided paper this way too. They put them together for a reason, right? Makes it so much easier to match design paper..the colors are already chosen to match. Sweet! Very nice design.